30 ago 2013

Jane Eyre: Chapters 5-6-7-8

1. Imagine that you are falsely accused of stealing someone’s wallet at school. Your accuser is a credible witness, believed by your peers. Do you insist on your innocence and try to prove it? Do you confront your accuser? How do you live with the disapproval of your peers? Is the knowledge of your innocence enough to sustain you? Write a reflection statement referring to these questions.




  • 2.What is your opinion of Mr Brocklehurst’s philosophy of education?
  • 3. Compare Jane Eyre to other mistreated heroines from children’s stories (Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White). Knowing that Jane Eyre is the novel that broke many rules about how a mistreated heroine should act, compare and contrast them to Jane.



  • </ br>
    ANSWERS
    1. All the effort I've done to be accepted in my circle would be in vain. In all my years at the school lots of effort had been placed into making friends and kind relationships. I would confront my accuser, I would prove my innocence one way or another, meaning taking this to the law if necessary.  
    2. Now, this is considered a barbarity, but for that time, he was no other than a normal teacher. I think that if he learn that way too, it's normal to treat people the same way. I don't support it, but I understand it.
    3. These heroins had something Jane does not have: a fairy or magical creature that help her succeed in the world. In this case Jane needs to make the magic in order to fight her way out of injustice.

    No hay comentarios:

    Publicar un comentario