15 nov 2013

The Princess extract

'Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;   ->ROSES
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;         -> CALMNESS                \
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font:        -> FISHES ARE STOPPED  / NOTHING MOVES
The fire-fly wakens: wake thou with me.             -> He is remembering her
Now droops the milkwhite peacock like a ghost, -> Peacock are full of colors, and this one is white: contradiction
And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.             ->   White ghost, white light
Now lies the Earth all Danaë to the stars,           ->Danaë was someone killed in a lake
And all thy heart lies open unto me.                    -> Remembering her
Now lies the silent meteor on, and leaves      -> The thought goes away
A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.         -> He wants to die when he thinks on her
Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,       -> She was alive on top, and then...
And slips into the bosom of the lake:          ->...she falls to the bottom (metaphor)
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip   -> He is telling her to die...
Into my bosom and be lost in me.'              -> ... to "Die in me" stong metaphor
T: Maybe reffering to a royal woman
P: There is death of a woman.
C: Feelings from a living person towards a dying bride.
A: Sorrowful
S: Not present. Mantains sad expressions.
T: Now, the title is about HER princess, not an actual royal woman. 
T: How her death is being realized by white colors.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario